August 31, 2019
By: Dwayne Page
The DeKalb County High School Tigers suffered a stinging blow at Baxter Friday night losing to the Upperman Bees 35-0.
Upperman scored its first touchdown of the night with 7:36 left in the 1st period on a 10 yard run by Ty Dutchess. Kenneth Krolik converted on the PAT and the Bees led 7-0.
The Bees extended their lead with 2:08 left in the 1st period on a 37 yard touchdown pass play from Quarterback Donoven Mccallister to Daniel Metzgar. Krolik connected on the PAT and Upperman led 14-0.
With 4:51 left in the 2nd period, Mccallister scored on a 73 yard touchdown run. Krolik’s PAT put the Bees out front 21-0.
Upperman added another score in the 3rd period on a 24 yard touchdown run by Dutchess. Krolik connected on the PAT and the Bees were up 28-0.
The final score of the game came on a 10 yard run by Zachary Stewart with 4:31 left. Krolik split the uprights and Upperman went on to win 35 to 0.
The Tigers will host Stone Memorial in their first home game of the season next Friday night, September 6 at 7 p.m. WJLE will have LIVE coverage.
DeKalb Animal Shelter Staff and Puppies Visit DeKalb West School
August 30, 2019
By: Whitney Brelje
Director of the DeKalb Animal Shelter, Megan Moore, and volunteer, Laura Parsley, visited DeKalb West School second graders on Friday.
DWS second graders have spent the week learning about dogs. The DeKalb Animal Shelter volunteered to come and share two puppies with the students and educational information about dogs. The students loved the puppies and this hands on approach of learning all about them.
Fiddle Dee Dee On Broad Gospel Hour Returns Sunday Night, September 1
August 30, 2019
By: Dwayne Page
Fiddle Dee Dee on Broad will present another hour of great local gospel music Sunday night, September 1 on WJLE.
Don’t miss Fiddle Dee Dee on Broad Gospel Hour from 5-6 p.m.
The program airs once a month, on the first Sunday night of each month featuring recorded local talent performing gospel music.
Sunday night’s program will showcase the music of the Singing Believers and Elizabeth Wright.
Tune in the first Sunday night of each month for the Fiddle Dee Dee on Broad Gospel Hour from 5-6 p.m. on WJLE.
WJLE is proud of our partner sponsors of religious programs each week and hopes you will tune in often and let them know you listen.
- Got A Minute?: 60 second message presented by the Smithville Church of Christ with Dan Gulley-Twice a day Monday-Friday each week (various times morning and around noon)
- Cross Connection sponsored by the Upper Helton Baptist Church featuring Jimmy Arms: Monday-Friday at 11:55 a.m. each week
- Morning Devotion: A 5 minute daily devotional by a different minister each week Monday-Saturday at 7:25 a.m.
- Amazing Facts sponsored by the Smithville Seventh Day Adventist Church: Saturdays at 7:00 a.m. each week
The following are weekly sponsored Sunday programs:
- 7:00 a.m.: Speak Life with Richard Bane (Program repeats at 12:30 p.m.)
- 7:30 a.m.: Royce Moore of the New West Point Freewill Baptist Church (The Way of Life Ministry)
- 8:00 a.m. Elders Joseph and Ricky Arnold for the New Bildad and Mount View Primitive Baptist Churches (The Firm Foundation)
- 8:30 a.m. Outreach Baptist Church with Nathan Thomason (The Outreach Pulpit)
- 9:00 a.m. The Keltonburg Missionary Baptist Church (Only Through the Blood)
- 9:30 a.m. LOCAL NEWS
- 9:35 a.m. Trent Colwell of the Smithville Church of the Nazarene (The Living Word)
- 10:00 a.m. Steve Warren of Faith Chapel Ministries (Faith for the Hour)
- 10:30 a.m. Bobby Thomason of the Covenant Baptist Church (Fountain of Faith Ministries)
- 11:00 a.m. Worship Services from either the Smithville Cumberland Presbyterian (Isaac Gray) or Smithville First United Methodist (David Lunsford) Churches
- 12:00 NOON: LOCAL NEWS
- 12:30 Speak Life with Richard Bane
- 1:00 p.m.: Truth that Transforms with Aaron Wright
- 1:30 p.m. The Preaching Ministry of Toy Lawson of the People’s Pentecostal Church
- 2:30 p.m. Billy Hale of the Christ Pentecostal Church of Brush Creek (The King is Coming)
- 3:00 p.m. Prophet James Ferrell of the Church of Jesus Christ (The Word of the Lord)
- 4:00 p.m. LOCAL NEWS
- 4:15 p.m. Royce Curtis of the People’s Missionary Baptist Church
- 5:00 p.m. Fiddle Dee Dee on Broad Gospel Hour (1st Sunday)
- 6:05 p.m. Gospel music sponsored by Cantrell’s Furniture and Appliances
- 9:05 p.m. LOCAL NEWS
Listen each week on WJLE AM 1480 and WJLE FM 101.7 and LIVE Streaming at www.wjle.com.
« First ‹ Previous 1 574 664 672 673 674 675 676 684 774 1396 Next › Last »