County Firefighters Summoned to Home on Magness Road Friday Morning

November 19, 2023

Friday morning at approximately 7:15 a.m., the DeKalb County Fire Department was called to 910 Magness Road for a structure fire. The homeowners found smoke coming from one of their bedrooms, called 911, and quickly evacuated.

Sheriff deputies arrived on the scene and found fire located at the water heater disconnect switch in a bedroom closet and turned off the main electrical breaker. Firefighters arrived and determined the fire was extinguished after the power was disconnected. The home was ventilated to clear the smoke. There was only minor damage to the structure and one occupant was evaluated by DeKalb Emergency Medical Services for minor smoke inhalation but was not transported. The cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty electrical disconnect for the water heater.

The Main Station and Belk Station responded along with firefighters from other stations. DeKalb County Sheriff’s Department and DeKalb County Emergency Medical Services were also in the scene rendering assistance.

WJLE Radio