Are you looking for more flexibility in your career? Do you have a passion for animals? The DeKalb County Animal Shelter has a variety of Adoption Center and Animal Care positions available, both full time and part time.
1. Shelter Management
3. Animal Care
Previous experience in working with animals is preferred, confidence and experience with handling animals is a plus. Note: All shelter management positions require previous supervisory and animal care experience. Duties will often be interchangeable. All ideal candidates will possess, at minimum, the following qualities and basic skills:
1. First and foremost must possess a passion for the care, enrichment, and matching of our shelter residents with suitable forever homes.
2. We are looking for self starters with the ability and willingness to work both independently and as a team. The ability to follow directions and communicate with other team members and volunteers is expected and imperative to the well being of animals in our care.
3. Confidence to work with the public, face to face, on the telephone, and all correspondence via e-mail or social media.
4. Must be able to walk, lift, and bend for the duration of your shift. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
5. Must be open to working a minimum of one weekend per month and some holidays.
Salary range is $12-$19/hr depending on applicant’s years of experience, job qualifications/certifications, and part time/full time status.
Full time positions come with a benefits package.