Weekend Fire Leaves Mother and Son Homeless

February 19, 2018
Dwayne Page
Weekend Fire Leaves Mother and Son Homeless (Kevin Adcock Photo)

A mother and son were left homeless after a fire destroyed their residence Saturday night at 851 Cooper Street.

According to Smithville Fire Chief Charlie Parker, Carolyn Hale and her son were home when a grease fire in the kitchen got out of control and spread through the residence. After trying unsuccessfully to put out the blaze, Hale and her son escaped unharmed.

Members of the Smithville Volunteer Fire Department quickly responded but the home was almost fully involved in flames upon their arrival.

Chief Parker said the home was gutted and the family lost all their belongings including an automobile which was parked near the residence.

American Red Cross volunteers arrived to provide assistance to the family.

Follow Us


News Feed

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166
Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net
WJLE AM FCC Public File
WJLE FM FCC Public File

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree