Smithville Volunteer Fire Department Extinguishes Kitchen Fire

June 10, 2013
by: 
Dwayne Page

The Smithville Volunteer Fire Department was called to a grease fire at a trailer home on West Main Street Sunday afternoon.

Chief Charlie Parker said the resident left something unattended cooking on the kitchen stove for a few minutes and discovered the fire when he returned. The fire department was notified and arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the trailer.

The fire, confined to the kitchen, was quickly extinguished. It burned the stove hood and charred cabinets around it. No one was injured.

Follow Us


facebook.jpg

News Feed
feed.png

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166

Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree