Smithville Volunteer Fire Department Called to NHC Healthcare Center Monday

January 14, 2008
by: 
Dwayne Page

The Smithville Volunteer Fire Department was called to NHC Healthcare Center Monday afternoon after an air handling unit on top of the building overheated sending smoke through the duct work into one wing of the facility.

Fire Chief Charlie Parker says a belt apparently locked up in the unit causing the problem.

The smoke triggered the fire alarm and a few residents down one wing were relocated to another part of the building while firefighters set up positive pressure fans to clear the smoke.

There was no damage to the building and no one was injured as a result of the incident.

Meanwhile, Chief Parker says city firefighters were also called to McDonald's restaurant around 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning after an electrical breaker box overheated and kicked off as employees were preparing to open for business.

Chief Parker says there was no damage to the building and no one was injured.

Follow Us


facebook.jpg

News Feed
feed.png

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166

Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree