Flu shots will be available at the Smithville Senior Citizens Center on Thursday, October 2nd from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
Flu Vaccinations will also be administered at the Alexandria Senior Citizens Center on Friday, October 3rd from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. and the Liberty Senior Citizens Center on Friday, October 3rd from 11:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Please bring your insurance card.
Sponsored by the Family Medical Center.
Meanwhile, the DeKalb County Health Department will hold a flu shot clinic on Thursday, October 16th.
The Clinic will be open from 9:00 to 3:30 and will be located at First United Methodist Church Christian Fellowship Center, 102 West Church Street, Smithville, TN 37166. Adult and pediatric doses will be available.
Influenza vaccine can be given to individuals 6 months of age and older. It is recommended for anyone who wishes to reduce their risk of getting influenza; it is especially important for those who are at risk for complications from influenza and for those who live with or care for people at high risk. People who should get influenza vaccine are:
• All adults 50 and over
• All children 6 months to18 years of age, especially those under 5 and those with chronic health problems or asthma
• Anyone with a chronic health condition such as diabetes, heart disease or lung disease, or who has a weakened immune system
• Women who are or plan to be pregnant during flu season (October to March)
• Residents and staff of nursing homes or long term care facilities
• Caregivers and those who live with an infant aged less then 6 months
• All health care workers
• Anyone who has close personal contact with someone at high risk of complications from influenza
• Anyone who wishes to reduce their chances of getting influenza
The cost of the shot will be $25.00 for adults and $13.70 for children. The clinic will also offer pneumonia vaccine for a fee of $41.00. Pneumonia vaccine only needs to be given once to anyone over age 64 and is also important for younger adults with diabetes, heart disease and other chronic illness. It can help prevent the life-threatening bacterial pneumonia that can follow influenza. Payment will be taken at the clinic in the form of cash or check. Medicare and TennCare can also be billed. Please bring all your insurance cards with you. Correct change is preferred. Individuals attending the clinic need to wear a short sleeve shirt.
For more information please contact the DeKalb County Health Department at 615-597-7599.