County Firefighters Respond to Early Morning Chimney Fire

December 2, 2008
by: 
Dwayne Page
County Firefighter Working on Chimney Fire (Photo by Callie Matthews)

The DeKalb County Volunteer Fire Department snuffed out a chimney fire early Tuesday morning at the residence of James Pack at 153 Arrowhead Drive.

Lieutenant Bradley Mullinax says "We received the call about 5:11 a.m. on Tuesday morning. Upon arrival we found smoke coming from the chimney of the residence. It was very difficult to extinguish the fire due to the type of construction of the fireplace. We were able to contain it to the fireplace area and but there was minor smoke damage in other areas of the house."

Members of the Cookeville Highway, Short Mountain Highway, Midway, and DeKalb Fire Main Stations responded and rendered assistance. No one was injured.

(Photo provided by Callie Matthews)

Follow Us


facebook.jpg

News Feed
feed.png

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166

Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree