City and County Firefighters Respond to Tuesday Night Structure Fires

October 1, 2008
by: 
Dwayne Page
Smithville Firefighters at home of Larry Green

The Smithville Volunteer Fire Department was summoned to the home of Larry "Rat" Green at 1226 College Street Tuesday night.

Central Dispatch received the call at 6:41 p.m.

Fire Chief Charlie Parker says it appears the fire started from the stove. The blaze caused extensive damage to the kitchen. Smoke spread throughout the rest of the house.

City firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze and helped clear the house of smoke.

Green was not at home when the fire started but his dogs were there. They were safely removed from the house.

Meanwhile, county firefighters were called to the home of Ray Adcock at 1501 Obie Adcock Road at 11:57 p.m. Tuesday night.

A neighbor reportedly spotted the fire and called 911. Firefighters found the home engulfed in flames upon their arrival and could not save it. No one was home at the time of the fire.

Members of the Blue Springs, Keltonburg, and Belk stations responded along with a tanker truck, equipment truck, the Sheriff's Department, and DeKalb EMS.

No one was injured.

Follow Us


facebook.jpg

News Feed
feed.png

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166

Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree