South College Street Home Destroyed by Fire

June 12, 2006
by: 
Dwayne Page

The home of a Smithville woman was destroyed by fire Saturday night on South College Street.

Smithville Fire Chief Charlie Parker says Royce Odom was at home around 8:00 p.m. and discovered the fire in the attic.

The Smithville Volunteer Fire Department rushed to the scene but the blaze was already well underway by the time it was discovered and the home could not be saved. Ms. Odom was not injured.

Members of the DeKalb County Volunteer Fire Department provided mutual aid support with manpower at the scene.

Neighbors also pitched in and helped to salvage some of Ms. Odom's furniture and other personal belongings.

Chief Parker says the fire may have started from electrical wiring in the attic but the exact cause has not officially been determined.

Follow Us


facebook.jpg

News Feed
feed.png

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166

Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree