Monday Fire Causes Extensive Damage To Local Residence

May 8, 2007
by: 
Dwayne Page

DeKalb County Firefighters were called to the residence of Len Jinks at 506 Old Highway 96 Monday.

County Fire Chief Donny Green says no one was at home at the time of the fire and no one was injured.

He says the fire is believed to have started from the stove. The blaze spread up the wall into the attic.

Green says fire fighters of the Liberty, Temperance Hall, and Short Mountain Highway Stations were able to extinguish the blaze but the house received extensive damage.

Liberty and Temperance Hall Stations were called back to the scene later after the fire rekindled.

Follow Us


facebook.jpg

News Feed
feed.png

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166

Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree