County Firefighters Snuff Out New Year's Day Chimney Fire

January 4, 2006
by: 
Dwayne Page

DeKalb County Volunteer Firefighters were summoned to the home of Royce and Alicia Curtis at 1472 Lower Helton Road on New Year's Day.

Chief Donny Green says the Curtis' called for help after noticing smoke from the fireplace coming back down the chimney into the house. The area around the chimney was also very hot.

By the time firefighters arrived, the house had filled with smoke and fire could be seen around the chimney where it emerges from the roof.

Green says firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze and all the fire damage was confined to the immediate area around the chimney. However, he says the entire home received significant smoke damage.

No one was injured.

Members of the Liberty, Temperance Hall, and Short Mountain Highway Stations responded along with a tanker truck.

DeKalb EMS and officers of the Sheriff's Department were also on the scene.

Follow Us


facebook.jpg

News Feed
feed.png

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166

Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree