Cabin Home Destroyed In Sunday Fire

March 19, 2007
by: 
Dwayne Page

A fire Sunday afternoon destroyed the weekend log cabin home of Thomas Trusty at 525 Sweetwater Road.

County Fire Chief Donny Green says Trusty was in the cabin when it caught fire but he escaped unharmed. He was also able to salvage the few personal belonging he kept in the cabin.

Green says the fire was well underway by the time Trusty could get to the nearest phone to report it so firefighters were unable to save the structure. The cabin was also located in a secluded wooded area, several miles of the main road, making it difficult for fire trucks to reach . County firefighters and members of the Tennessee Division of Forestry were able to keep the blaze from spreading.

Green says the fire apparently started from a chimney in the cabin. He says Trusty had a fire going in a wood stove, when the chimney caught fire and spread to the wall.

Members of the Liberty, Temperance Hall, and Short Mountain Highway stations responded along with the Tennessee Division of Forestry.

Follow Us


facebook.jpg

News Feed
feed.png

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166

Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree